Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blog Reflection #3

With the reading you've done so far, about differentiation, can you see any differentiation I have organized for you in this course? Look at the assignments (listed on page 3 of the full syllabus and outlined on pages 7 - 11). Which one appears to you (not your friends, or study buddies, but to YOU) as if it may be the product and process differentiated for student interest? Briefly explain why you think so, and connect it to something you read in Ch. 1 of Fulfilling the Promise.

I FINALLY got my textbooks. Hallelujiah! Back to the blog... The first thing that comes to mind when I think of you and differentiation in the classroom is morning meetings. I think it's great that you have each of us do a morning meeting. It helps bring out our unique qualities and helps us to see several ways of doing, essentially, the same thing (morning meeting). I love that I've been able to learn new games, as well as group activities. I've also learned how to share news in a more effective way...it's great! The second thing that comes to mind when I think of differentiation is our final project. You're allowing us to show differentiation by letting us choose which final project we want to complete. Each of us is different and I think it's great that we're allowed to choose the final project that best suits ourselves. I think the biggest connection I made to the text was when it said the following, "If we risk taming the fox, days in school are no longer monotonous. Each day is a revelation" (page 9). I think that this is great. Children should learn something new every day and have those "ah-ha moments!"

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo true! Isn't life exciting when each day is a revelation? That's how I'm feeling about what I'm learning from all of you this semester. Thanks for the insight! 4 points

    ReplyDelete