Friday, May 20, 2011

Blog Reflection #6

4.2) Chapter 4 is all about teacher responses to student needs. Throughout the chapter there are multiple bolded subheadings (scenarios, specific strategies, and ideas for classroom routines). Choose three of them that you believe you can work on or that you would like to do in your own classroom, and explain why you chose them.
  1. Commend Creativity- I think this is a huge one because when a classroom has color and fun things, students want to learn and are going to be interested in what is going to be discussed in class. Also, students will probably become more creative if the classroom is creative.
  2. Help Students Know About One Another- Since doing Morning Meetings in class I have gotten to know the people from the other cohort, and even people who were in my cohort. I can relate to them about certain things and I can ask questions depending on their answers to specific things they said. I want my students to have the same opportunity.
  3. Use Dialogue Journals- I know we did a "Writer's Notebook" in our class last semester, but I kind of think they are similar to a dialogue journal. I think giving students a chance to ask questions indirectly will help students open up more and not feel as scared to ask questions.

5.3) Obviously, these come from Figure 5.1 on page 59. Take a look at them, with their bulleted explanations, and list them in a prioritized order for yourself… from the easiest for you to the most difficult for you. Briefly explain your ranking.
  1. Focused
  2. Scaffolded
  3. Important
  4. Engaging
  5. Demanding
I feel that I don't have a problem planning lessons, but I have difficulty when it comes to making them unique, or in other words, differentiating my lessons. I hope that through this class I can improve on that.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're learning to differentiate, and quickly, at that! If it matters, it will work, and if you work it, you'll make a difference! 4 points

    ReplyDelete