Friday, May 13, 2011

Blog Reflection #4

If it's alright, I'm going to do reflection 4 before 3 because I am still waiting for you to send me a copy of the reading... I hope this is ok!

Tell me about any part of Principal Sylvia Allan's presentation that "struck a chord" in you, (either positively or negatively), and how you think it will affect you in your teaching.
Honestly, I loved EVERY part of Sylvia's presentation. First off, I loved that she had so much energy and that you could tell she was so enthusiastic about teaching and what she believed in. I truly believe that if a teacher wants her students to get excited about something, the teacher must sell the students on how great the idea is. That is exactly what she did! She sold me on Morning Meetings, and I hope to incorporate them into my daily routine. I like the idea that she is so direct with her students and that Morning Meetings are routine for students, but also very unique. I think one of my favorite parts about Sylvia's "Morning Meetings" was the news section. I have sat in on classes who have "Morning Meetings," but none of them did a "news" section, which she definitely made a point of addressing. I think it's important for students to share what's on their minds, and what they have heard or learned. All students like to share information/news with their teacher/classmates and this is the perfect opportunity for several students to share. It's great! I'm really excited to implement this into my classroom this fall, and I hope that it can be half as good as Sylvia's :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a vision for what MM can do, and that Sylvia inspired you to go for it! 4 points

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Please add blog #3, even though it will be "out of order" -- I won't count it late.

    ReplyDelete